On the 5th Day God Said...

And on the 5th day God said, “Stop delaying and make the brisket and latkes!”

While we have been lighting the menorah each night, we didn’t enjoy our Hanukkah repast until the 5th night, and what a meal it was! Personally, I think I could have related all of my kindness just to preparing the meal. But that seemed more than a little self-centered, so I kept my scope broad if not earth shattering.

I have noticed that not only am I looking for kindnesses (5 is a lot and 6, 7, and 8 will be even more), but I have found myself making an extra effort for the small gestures throughout my day. I have also noticed that my children have really taken this to heart. They are truly reaching out in meaningful ways, and inspiring me to make a bigger difference. As I strive to make a bigger difference, I hope my memory can keep up with the candles!

No comments :