You Can Hide, but You Can't Run

Thanksgiving Day came and went with surprising little, family discord.  So here I am relying on my faux pas over the last 2 days to sum up lessons learned while I was being thankful for those moments outside the all important thanks for family, freedom, peace, education and nourishment.

If I wash and dry my daughter's sweatshirt with her iPod in the pocket, the iPod will still work but all of the lyrics come out clean.  I am thankful that some Apple engineer probably engineered this to work even if it's not advertised.

$2 hand warmers cost $3 when 10,000 cold people are waiting around before the Thanksgiving 5K race, unless you are the first customer.

iPods were made for the day after Thanksgiving:
  • You don’t need to listen to non-stop ads pushing Black Friday deals
  • They are perfect for taking on a walk to burn off the Thanksgiving Feast
  • Even if it’s raining you can plug in your ear buds and tune out any lingering family acrimony

Salt not only makes bread taste good, it also helps the rising. Corollary, four loaves of unsalted bread makes a lot of unsalted breadcrumbs.

Apple butter is a misnomer— it's really apple jelly. And it makes unsalted bread tasty!  I am thankful for my niece's thoughtfulness in creating a fabulous gift basket just because.

In laser tag, you can hide, but you can't run.

No comments :