Improving My Photography: Wait For the Moment

Tip #1: Wait For the Moment

I have heard this advice repeatedly yet it's been difficult for me to put into practice. One of my biggest obstacles, beyond my impatience, is that I don't make photography my priority. Rather. I take my camera on my walk, or take my camera on my vacation, or take my camera to record the moment; a moment I don't even wait for!

So out I headed with my iPhone and photography as my priority. The following illustrates my best example of the snapshot versus waiting. 


Two kids sit looking at books. 


The moment when his sister puts a book in a bin outside the door causing the small boy to glance up. 

The first is a nice photo without a compelling story. In the second a story is waiting to be told.  



No comments :