While You Were Sleeping

Waking up to learn the Barack O’Bama is selecting Joe Biden as his running mate was definitely a ‘While You Were Sleeping Moment’. My first thought, with sleep still lodged in my right eye, was what a lackluster choice for a candidate who has built his campaign on Hope and Change. My Second Thoughts (I was feeling a bit like Tiffany Aching) then piped in, reminding me that Biden is a Democratic version of McCain. So if I was contemplating a O’Bama versus McCain choice, then now I could get the benefits of each presidential candidate with one vote. Surely I don’t know any of the candidates the way the armies of pundits claim to. However, much of voting certainly comes down to perceptions. And if I perceive Biden to embody a similar personal honesty and global understanding as McCain then I can confidently vote for O’Bama/Biden.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.